I would like to thank Mari Wells for kindly including me in her list of nominees for this award. As I am now a bit more confident in my blogging that last time someone suggested me, I would like to gratefully acceot and pass this on. There are rules which I’ve been asked to pass on, but I’m not one for putting pressure on anyone, so I’ll leave it up to you.
Thank the person who nominated you
Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
Share 7 things about you.
Pass the award on to seven nominees
Include this set of rules
Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Seven Things About Me
- I work 4 days a week in a fabric shop called Livingstone Textiles in Bridport, Dorset, UK. I look after the website amongst other things.
- I currently live about 300 yards away from the sea, which is great.
- My mother died of cancer in 1991, which experience later resulted in my first book Their Cancer – Your Journey
- I once made and sold herbal teas at Farmers Markets with a friend. Our first tea was called Nursing Mother’s Milk Blend.
- I like exploring all kinds of esoteric ideas which once would have been called ‘New Age’, though I have my own personal radar about what is too far out for me.
- I love dancing, though I don’t do it enough.
- My long-term aim is to write a historical novel based on the life of a lady in my husband’s family tree who was deported to Tasmania in the 1850s. This will be my first major fiction project and I shouldn’t hold your breath as there are lots of other priorities which come first.
Whew, that was definitely harder than it looks.
And now the lovely blogs I would like to introduce to you are, in no particular order:
Bah to Cancer. Stephanie Butland writes both about surviving and thriving after cancer, and about life in general.
A Foot in Two Campos. Tamara Essex on dividing life between Dorset and Spain, and her adventures in her new country.
The Widow Lady. Lisa Brandel offering perspective on loss in your life. Actually it turns out Lisa isn’t blogging any more so this is a link to her facebook page, and I decided to leave her in because she’s great.
Lois Elsden Writer. Great writing and I love Lois’s pictures too.
Canadian Hiking Photography. Love looking at pictures of open spaces.
Wendy Knee, my friend and inspiration
Serendipturas. Knitting, stunning photos and the ups and downs of life.
I hope you enjoy exploring their writings as I have.